IMPORTANT NOTICE – COVID-19
The World Health Organisation has recently declared the COVID-19 as a global pandemic as it continues to spread. In order to reduce the risk of cluster infections, and to safeguard the public health, we are taking the following actions:
- From Monday 16th March onwards, the temple will be temporarily closed to the public until further notice. We will observe this until the pandemic is brought under control.
- During this period, our weekly Dharma services, Light Offering Services and also Qing Ming Ancestor Memorial Service will not be open to the public. The services will be conducted by the Venerables and the public can join via live streaming. Please regularly check our social media groups and our website for more updated information. For live broadcast of our Dharma Services, please subscribe to our Youtube channel: shorturl.at/gEFU6
- For those who have to visit the temple for any important or specific matters, please book an appointment with the temple in advance via phone, email, Wechat, or Whatsapp, etc. Before entering the temple, we will conduct temperature screening, require you to wash your hands, wear a face mask and follow other hygienic precautions.
- The Venerables will conduct the Qing Ming Ancestor Memorial Service on 4 – 5 April, by chanting the “Eighty-eight Buddha Repentance” and “The Diamond Prajna Repentance”. These will be live-streamed through our Youtube channel. Merits of the chanting will be dedicated to everyone for their well-being, longevity and wisdom. Dedication of merits will also be made for ancestors and deceased loved ones to be reborn to the pure land. Registration for tablets and offerings can be made via telephone, Wechat or Whatsapp.
- While being at home, we encourage you to contemplate upon protecting lives and the environment, practise vegetarianism and refrain from killing. Please take good care of yourself, take preventative measures by washing your hands regularly and staying indoors as much as possible. Let us cultivate at home and dedicate our merits together. To tally the cultivation of chanting the “Prajna Paramita Heart Sutra”, please click this link: shorturl.at/zFMR1. Let us pray that the pandemic will end soon and may everyone be safe and well under the blessings of the Buddha.
Every journey in this world is a path to happiness
London Fo Guang Shan Temple
14 March 2020
Humanistic Buddhism Translation Practice
Every other Tuesday (7.00pm – 9.00pm)
Dharma Class – Buddha-Dharma: Pure and Simple No.3
Every Tuesday from 12 November
Autumn Dharma Class – 法音清流
Every Wednesday from 13 November
Tai Chi 24 Steps
From 24 April 2020
Twice weekly Wednesday and Saturday (1030 – 1130)
Who We Are
Fo Guang Shan
London Fo Guang Shan (FGS) Temple has become the first ever temple to receive earmarked funding under HLF’s Grants for Places of Worship scheme.
Only a few minutes away from the bustle of Oxford Street is London’s Fo Guang Shan (FGS) Temple, a sanctuary from the stresses of everyday urban life… READ MORE