- This event has passed.
2017 Buddhist Spring Seminar
March 4 @ 9:30 am - March 5 @ 3:30 pm
2017 London Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Youth Seminar
To allow youths the opportunity to experience life in the Buddhist monastery, cultivating both understanding and practice of Buddhism.
4th March 2017 (Sat) – 5th March 2017 (Sun)
Registration between 9 to 9:30am on 4th March 2017
Ends at 3:30pm on 5th March 2017
* Accommodation at the temple will only be provided from 4th March to 5th March 2017. Accommodation cannot be provided prior to these dates. (Please bring your own sleeping bag)
– have respect for Buddhism and the Triple Gem
– have good physical and mental health
– not have any bad or unhealthy habits
– be unmarried youths aged between 16 – 40
– be willing to learn about Buddhism and life in the monastery
– adhere to rules of staying in shared dormitories
– Buddhist Etiquette, Sutra Study, Buddhist Hymns, Meditation etc.
– Experience the simple daily lifestyle, chores and routine of the monastery
London Fo Guang Shan
London Fo Guang Shan, BLIA London
BLIA YAD London
Food, accommodation and teaching materials will be provided by the temple.
Registration fee is £10 for YAD members or £15 for non-members
– Fill in the application form, write a short autobiography (Chinese or English, over 300words), and submit with a passport size photo to London Fo Guang Shan Temple.
– A confirmation email will be sent to all participants that have been approved by the organisers. Please bring a copy of the confirmation notice on the day of registration.
Spaces are limited so please apply at your earliest convenience.